Catapult showcases rising-star callers from across the USA. (And beyond?)
If you’ve got the chops, but haven’t gotten the exposure you need to get the attention
of dance weekend organizers, apply now to let us catapult you into the spotlight of the national stage.
Plenty of previous experience with inducing dance trance at
your home hall and with traveling (un)reasonable distances
to weave your mic magic for one-night stands
(e.g., out of control schools, drunken weddings),
tours, and special events (e.g., New Year’s Eve, Advanced Dances).
Maybe even a weekend festival or two.
- Call one 2-hour evening contra dance
- Call one 1.5-hour daytime contra dance
- Lead or contribute to at least one 1.5-hour workshop
- Join the other Catapult callers on stage for the ensemble farewell dance
- Spend the rest of the time dancing, socializing and having a good time
The Catapult 2017 Caller and Band application period is now closed.
- Exposure to a national pool of contra dance festival talent scouts, influencers and
- An opportunity to call for a caller’s best marketing channel - dance
gypsies from around the country
- Free entry to the Catapult dance weekend
- Money (up to a set cap) for travel expenses
If you are interested in appearing on a future Catapult stage, please join our Facebook group for the latest Catapult news and updates.
Keep your dance friends in the loop through e-mail and social networking with the links below.
Recommend bands and other callers you’d like to see in the lineup by e-mailing
What others are saying...
"Catapult was created to
nurture our communities"
Musician, caller, leader, dancer